Saturday, August 18, 2012

Michael Fassbender and Assassin's Creed?

NOTE: I'm moving this article from a post over on my tumblr with this same username.  That's why it's slightly out of date.

Article in Question

Normally, I don’t put stock in articles declaring these sorts of things.  However, the Assassin’s Creed official Facebook page did reference this link directly.

I’m personally with the commenters that say that this could work, if Fassbender was enlisted for a lead role that isn’t Altair, Ezio, Connor etc.  Since Connor Kenway establishes English blood in Desmond Miles’s past, Fassbender would be a great English assassin.

Likewise, if he played the main villain, a Templar, that would rock as well.

I’m a very big fan of Michael Fassbender, and of Assassin’s Creed, but I don’t want to see the mains white-washed.  It’s about time we see an awesome Middle Eastern actor get some badass showtime.  (I’m sure it’s happened somewhere, but after Prince of Persia and The Last Airbender… and btw, I don’t even know Avatar.)

The big positive here is that they mention that Fassbender is going to co-produce the movie.  If this is true, I hope this means he actually knows Assassin’s Creed and will do his best to make sure it stays loyal.  The other big positive is that Ubisoft will have their hands on it, and after seeing Assassin’s Creed: Lineage (you can download this on X-Box Live, or find it on the interwebs on the Assassin’s Creed UK youtube channel), I hope their influence on the movie will be as great as I’m sure AC loyalists are hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment