Saturday, August 18, 2012

Ubisoft, I don’t think you understand how bad I am at video games.

As I type this as a personal affront, and not just a natural progression in the Assassin’s Creed series that is actually a callback to the first game which I completed anyway. (hurblearblarbpoopoopoo)

So, Assassin’s Creed 3 looks amazing.  Pee-your-pants amazing.  I’m an avid fan of this series, and have it and the Vita bundle on pre-order.  Even despite finding out that there is no way to heal yourself during battle, I will get the game and I will play it.  I will play it hard.

But really?  Where are all my drunk assassin jokes going to go now?  I can’t be the only one thinking that Ezio in AC:Revelations saying, “This will dull the pain.” means the medicine is liquor.  Or when the doctor in Rome in AC:Brotherhood told Ezio he was old and so all he could do was help with the pain, that he was basically doing the Italian version of, “Here, drink vodka, vodka will make pain better, comrade!”

I’m just really bad at video games.  Well, mostly because my most defining exposure to video games of recent years has been the Devil May Cry series, which… explains why I drive assassins and zombie killers like tanks.  I can never nail stealth missions, and I almost always fail at free running.  Who else spent the last part of Brotherhood not realizing it was the last part, and half their armor was damaged and things wouldn’t stop?  I know that was me, at least.

So, I’m intimidated by the lack of in-battle healing abilities.  I hope that it works sort of like in the first game where there was no medicine, but if you danced around long enough without being hit, you could retrieve health.

…of course, many missions are times, so maybe not.  “Full Synchronization Failed” is burned into my eyeballs, I see it so much.  (I’m getting better, but mostly on third and fourth replays.)
Either way, I still love you, Ubisoft.  Other than this flaw, things look perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment